Salacgriva port is the furthest Latvian North port. It is mentioned as Livonian archbishops’ port already in the historical sources of the 1368. Since the second half of the 19th century Salacgriva port has become an important export port in North Vidzeme for agriculture and timber products. The way the port is now, it was only built in the second half of 20th century, when the north and south breakwaters were built as well as the piers to serve fishing boats. While being under the occupations of Soviet force the port activities confined only around serving fishing cargo. The port did not have its own status – it was a Salacgriva port station that was working under Riga fishing port. Two fish processing companies were developed in the port – Salacgriva fish processing complex on the left side of the Salaca river and fishermen kolkhoz “Brīvais Vilnis” on the right side of the Salaca river. At the end of last century with the change of political forces, Salacgriva port slowly became a full-fledged cargo port. The strongest collaboration bonds that Salacgriva port has are with Swedish and Finnish ports. However, these are not the only countries where to or from where the cargo has gone through Salacgriva port. Germany, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Great Britain, Spain and Portugal are also part of this list.